Contemporary Pilates Matwork Workshop in Cairo, Egypt
Стоимость обучения: по запросу
1. Discover the main PRINCIPLES OF MOVEMENT of the human body through Pilates method exercises.
“Concentrate on the correct movement each time you exercise, lest you do them improperly and thus lose all vital benefits.”
All movements of the human body are subject to certain anatomical and physiological laws. We do not want you to just learn the technique of all Pilates exercises by heart. In this course, we will teach you the essence of each type of movement through the principles of
movement. Soon you will understand that the Principles can be applied not only to the Pilates session. In the pool, in the gym, while running, jumping or doing any kind of physical activity, you can take advantage of these Principles.
2. Study and practice about 40 Pilates exercises in 7 basic body positions.
As a group class coach, you always make a workout plan. Depending on the level of the group, you will choose the load, the complexity of the exercises and the starting positions.You will learn how to choose the following parameters of Pilates training: range pf motion, speed, tempo, duration, type of breath, sequence of exercises. In the workshop we will practice the most effective exercises in each body position. After the workshop you will be able to create your own exercises according to the Principles.
3. Understand the safety features and precautions of common movements during the training session.
Safety precautions must be known to every fitness trainer. Some movements are not recommended for people with intervertebral disc hernia. Other movements will be useful for people with osteoporosis and harmful for those who have spondylolisthesis. In this course, you will receive all the necessary information on each type of movement restriction.
4. Descry the most common mistakes of trainers when working with clients
Disorders of posture, neutral position of the spine and other joints, excessive muscle tension, holding the breath and many other disorders often occur during Pilates session.Your clients have different training experiences and they can’t perform the same exercises the same way. You will learn how to manage your Pilates class so that both beginners and advanced clients will be equally comfortable.
5. Understand the anatomy, physiology and goals of Pilates exercises.
We will explore the following important topics: anatomy of the Spine and spinal joints, spinal movements, physiology of muscle contraction. Posture assessment and muscular balance: upper and lower cross syndromes. We practice Pilates not for Pilates. The goal of training is
to improve overall health, improve joint mobility and muscle balance. The author of this course calls its approach "Pilates for life". The main goal of this training and the main principle stated by Joseph Pylates himself is the WHOLE BODY HEALTH.
6. Represent group instructor skills: demonstration and modification of exercises, leadership, cueing, time control, class planning etc.
You will learn how to compose a group class program correctly, include exercises in the right sequence, targeting required groups of muscles. You will learn how to choose a safe starting position for the best control of movements during group training. You will learn the author's techniques and apply them in practice during training.
7. Pass the practical exam at the end of the training
Each participant will demonstrate his or her professional skills. During the first two days of the training, you will perform short tasks, and on the third day you will demonstrate a small part of the Pilates group class.
For whom is this COURSE?
- This workshop is ideal for group class trainers with work experience of 2 years or more, your practical experience will help you to learn the course material much better
- If you have already studied Pilates, then you understand how deep and smart this method is and in this workshop, you will receive a lot of useful knowledge to improve your skills
- Studying the technique of Pilates exercises requires an excellent knowledge of anatomy and biomechanics and the ability to see the mistakes during the execution of exercises.
- Trainers in aerobics, dancing classes, as well as all those who do any group sessions are also welcome to this workshop. Many Pilates exercises can be included in other training programs. For example, the best abdominal exercises are the Pilates method exercises.
- For personal fitness trainers there will also be a lot of useful information that you can immediately apply in your work. You will understand that even in the gym it is very effective to use the technique of movements learned in this course.
- Three days of full-time training with a certified Pilates mentor.
- A detailed analysis of 40 Pilates exercises will allow you to make a variety of training programs.
- We offer you one of the most modern programs for Pilates. The course uses the latest knowledge about anatomy and physiology. The classical method was created almost 100 years ago. Since then science has made a huge leap and it is unacceptable for us to use classical exercises without an understanding of their essence.
- Understanding the exercises through the principles of movement is the best way to learn modern Pilates concept.
- This workshop will help you to systematize your knowledge and obtain new modern skills and methods that you can apply to your work the next day after the workshop.
- The course lasts 3 days, 8 hours per day with 20% theory, 80% practice.
- Each training day contains one big lunch break (1 hour) and two short breaks (15 minutes each).
- The third day of the training contains a practical exam. You will need to demonstrate the work of the coach in a group class.
- A brief history of Joseph Pilates. The principles of Joseph himself. Principles of Pilates from PMA
- Exercise categories
- The effect of breathing on movement
- Axial elongation and core control
- Spinal articulation, distributed segmental movement in each spinal section
- Muscle balance and posture
- The kinetic chains
- Contraindications to movements and Pilates exercises
Practice exercises in different starting positions and categories of movements
1. Exercises for spinal mobility
• Improving lateral flexion and rotation in the thoracic spine
• Improving flexion in the lumbar spine and lower thoracic spine
• Distributed flexion and extension of the entire spine
• Exercises for spinal stability when moving the upper and lower extremities
2. Dissociation of the hip and lower back exercises
• Shoulder bridge series - hip dissociation in extension
• Leg circles and preparatory exercises
• Swimming and leg kicks
3. Upper extremities weightbearing exercises
• Quadruped series – arm and leg dissociation in extension and flexion
• Leg pull front – the plank
• Leg pull back – the inversed plank
4. Sidelying series – improving the lateral line of the body
• Sidelying series for hip dissociation
• Side plank and variations
• Side lift and variations
5. Seated work
• Rolldown \ Rollup series
• The Mermaid and Spine flexion
• Rolling and Rollover
• The Saw
6. Standing work
• Standing rolldown
• The push-up exercise series
• Integration principle in standing
Master-class 1 "Pilates class for beginners".
The beginner class allows you to understand the basic principles of movement with simple, non-intensive exercises. However, even with a low load, it is necessary to maintain
concentration, accuracy and smoothness of movement. We will also learn how to control breathing through simple exercises for spinal mobility.
Master-class No. 2 "Pilates class for experienced practitioners".
During the class for experienced practitioners, we will perform more exercises at a faster pace in the circuit training mode. This is an excellent strength training for the
abdominal muscles, arms and back muscles.
Cueing in a group class
You will learn how to perform the voice, visual and tactile commands and cues during the group session. Professional trainer should be able to demonstrate exercises, explain the technique to clients and, if necessary, correct the client's technique with a tactile command.
• In the exam, you will demonstrate a part of the group class – from 5 to 15 minutes or a bit more.
• All of us will assess each other by following parameters: group management, mastering the technique of doing stretching exercises, choosing exercises and their sequence, correct demonstration and explanation, successful commands of all types.
• The most valuable thing in the course is feedback from the teacher and other participants!